MGA Scoop - October 2021 Issue
MGA Scoop - September 2021 Issue
MGA Scoop - August 2021 Issue
MGA Scoop - July 2021 Issue
MGA Scoop - June 2021 Issue
Announcing the 2021 Volunteer Leadership Training Program
The MGA Training Committee is pleased to announce the launch of the 2021 Volunteer Leadership Training (VoLT) Program. The VoLT Program invites volunteers who have a desire to continue growing as IEEE volunteers and lead their local units to complete the program’s prerequisite courses, and apply for the program.
Call for Nominations: 2022 IEEE MGA Committee Member and Liaison Positions: CLOSED
The Call for Nominations by the IEEE Member and Geographic Activities (MGA) Nominations and Appointments (N&A) for 2022 MGA committee member and liaison positions is now CLOSED. The deadline was 1 August 2021. These include:
MGA Scoop - May 2021 Issue
IEEE heard the request from volunteers for an improved financial and contract system to simplify, streamline, and save time that allows for more visibility for the end user to improve business insights and decisions.
The new features will be phased in within the new NextGen system over a period of time. IEEE understands this is a change for our volunteers and it can take time to adapt to the new platform. Training and educational resources will be available throughout the transition period.
We have been working since last year on major changes to the IEEE financial systems. The “NextGen” platform is designed to integrate the functions that a Geographic Unit Treasurer needs to accomplish.
What’s not changing?
- Your Geo Unit Concentration Banking (CB) account remains the same.
- Staff will continue to process your payment and transfer requests as usual.
- Existing CB checks, deposit tickets, and mail-in deposit envelopes will work as before.
- Authorized signers and CB cards will remain the same.
What is changing?
- Your access to NetSuite ended on 30 April 2021.
- You can generate electronic payments through NextGen Banking.
- Starting in June 2021, CB account statements will be available through the NextGen Banking instead of CBRS (Concentration Banking Reporting System).
- CBRS data download capabilities will be replaced by the NextGen system.
- Volunteers currently using IEEE Concentration Banking will automatically be transferred to NextGen Banking.
- Historical CB statements (through 4/2021) will still be available.
- NetSuite is longer available and all 2021 data has been migrated to NextGen.
- Access the new NextGen Dashboard at ieee.org/nextgen. Training will be provided for you. Look for announcements in the coming months.
- NetSuite 2020 and prior data will be available in “Read-Only” mode for a limited number of IEEE staff starting in May.
- Send requests for historical data to email@example.com and allow 3 to 5 business days to process your request.
This new way of working will save time and provide greater financial and contract visibility for volunteers and staff who are involved in financial and contract activities.
If you are authorized to act on financials and contracts visit ieee.org/nextgen for additional information!