MGA Scoop - November 2021 Issue
MGA Scoop - October 2021 Issue
MGA Scoop - September 2021 Issue
MGA Scoop - August 2021 Issue
MGA Scoop - July 2021 Issue
MGA Scoop - June 2021 Issue
MGA Scoop - May 2021 Issue
IEEE heard the request from volunteers for an improved financial and contract system to simplify, streamline, and save time that allows for more visibility for the end user to improve business insights and decisions.
The new features will be phased in within the new NextGen system over a period of time. IEEE understands this is a change for our volunteers and it can take time to adapt to the new platform. Training and educational resources will be available throughout the transition period.
We have been working since last year on major changes to the IEEE financial systems. The “NextGen” platform is designed to integrate the functions that a Geographic Unit Treasurer needs to accomplish.
What’s not changing?
- Your Geo Unit Concentration Banking (CB) account remains the same.
- Staff will continue to process your payment and transfer requests as usual.
- Existing CB checks, deposit tickets, and mail-in deposit envelopes will work as before.
- Authorized signers and CB cards will remain the same.
What is changing?
- Your access to NetSuite ended on 30 April 2021.
- You can generate electronic payments through NextGen Banking.
- Starting in June 2021, CB account statements will be available through the NextGen Banking instead of CBRS (Concentration Banking Reporting System).
- CBRS data download capabilities will be replaced by the NextGen system.
- Volunteers currently using IEEE Concentration Banking will automatically be transferred to NextGen Banking.
- Historical CB statements (through 4/2021) will still be available.
- NetSuite is longer available and all 2021 data has been migrated to NextGen.
- Access the new NextGen Dashboard at ieee.org/nextgen. Training will be provided for you. Look for announcements in the coming months.
- NetSuite 2020 and prior data will be available in “Read-Only” mode for a limited number of IEEE staff starting in May.
- Send requests for historical data to firstname.lastname@example.org and allow 3 to 5 business days to process your request.
This new way of working will save time and provide greater financial and contract visibility for volunteers and staff who are involved in financial and contract activities.
If you are authorized to act on financials and contracts visit ieee.org/nextgen for additional information!
MGA Scoop - April 2021 Issue
Important Information: IEEE has established a single platform for all #COVID19 related resources to support our members during the pandemic. Access the latest virtual educational opportunities, free e-books, virtual networking, and more in one place by visiting covid19.ieee.org.
- Bridging the 4G/5G Gap: Telecommunications Roadmap for Implementation
9 June 2021 (Part Two)
Want to know what it will take to deploy #5Gtech in your local community? Get an overview of the convergence of cellular technologies that can help local government and municipal leaders develop application processes and understand the 5G technology. Join David Witkowski and IEEE for "Bridging the 4G/5G Gap" on 9 June. Learn more about the series today and save 30% by registering for the full virtual course program. #5G #5GDeployment https://bit.ly/3x0ZjeA
- IEEE-HKN Pathways to Industry
12 - 14 May 2021
The transition from school to industry isn’t easy. What are the opportunities, pitfalls, and challenges, and how does one overcome them? IEEE-HKN invites graduate students, graduating seniors, and young engineers to join us for the HKN Pathways to Industry Program, where we focus on this transition. This nine-session virtual series will be presented live with time for questions and answers.
- Enhancing Business Operations with Machine Learning
19 May 2021 | 12pm ET
Machine learning is one of the most exciting aspects of artificial intelligence. Join IEEE to learn about various business applications - including how collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data through machine learning can benefit your business.
- Graduate Student Webinar: The Inside Scoop
19 May 2021 | 4pm ET
Considering graduate school? IEEE-HKN can help! Join IEEE-HKN to get the inside scoop from current graduate students about applying, picking a program, day-to-day life, and more!
- IEEE Tech Talk: IEEE 802 Networking Standards – 802.11 Wireless LAN Standards
26 May 2021 | 12pm ET
Join this free virtual panel as we continue our discussion on the IEEE family of 802 networking standards! Our experts will explore 802.11 Wireless LAN standards for the 6GHz band, the growth of new applications supported by 802.11 based networks, and the coming convergence of 802 Wireless LAN and 3GPP mobile wireless services.
- IEEE Virtual Tech Talk: The Importance of Standards
27 May 2021 | 9am ET
Tune in to this event as we discuss the important role technical standards play in bringing innovation to market; escorting technical development of products and solutions; setting requirements for the manufacturing process; and more. Examples of how IEEE standards are applied for long-time business success will also be discussed during this live panel.
- IEEE Virtual Tech Talk: Academic Research in International Standardization
14 June 2021 | 9am ET
In many international standards, theoretical knowledge is needed to define requirements and give test procedures. This event provides an overview of the important role academic research plays in the standards, along with examples from two IEEE Societies on how academia's contributions to standardization benefits both sides.
IEEE Virtual Events Calendar
The IEEE Virtual Events Calendar provides an up-to-date listing of majors offerings available on demand.