Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 IEEE EAB Awards
The IEEE Educational Activities Board (EAB) is seeking nominations for its prestigious annual awards, which recognize major contributions to engineering and technical education. The deadline for submitting a nomination is 6 May 2019. Nominations are sought for the following awards:
· Meritorious Achievement Award in Accreditation Activities
· Meritorious Achievement Award in Continuing Education
· Meritorious Achievement Award in Outreach and Informal Education
· Major Educational Innovation Award
· Meritorious Achievement Award in Pre-University Education
Region 8 Conference Support Pilot Program
New pilot program: On 4 February 2019, MCE began a six-month trial designed to provide enhanced support to:
· Region 8 conference organizers
· MGA leadership
Melinda Stembridge, Customer Relations & Operations Administrator will provide dedicated support to Region 8, as well as continue to support all India-sponsored conferences.
Electronic Copyright Form (eCF) and Packing List Updates
IEEE requires all authors or their employers, who intend on publishing in the IEEE Xplore® Digital Library, to provide a transfer of copyright prior to publication by the IEEE.
The IEEE Electronic Copyright Form (eCF) registration process was streamlined for conference organizers in 2018. In 2019, further updates to the eCF process were made, in addition to a new version of the packing list (1.7).
A new IEEE Electronic Copyright Transfer Report:
· Sent to the conference organizers 90/60/30 days before conference start date
· Allows management and tracking of IEEE copyright form collection
· Provides important information about copyright transfer for each paper, such as eCF Paper IDs and status of each transfer
Global Launch of Ethically Aligned Design, First Edition
Ethically Aligned Design, First Edition: A Vision for Prioritizing Human Well-being with Autonomous and Intelligent Systems (EAD1e), will be launched and publicly available on 25 March 2019. In recognition of this milestone, IEEE will host a global webinar to announce the availability of this seminal publication and to provide brief perspectives on the work and its use. The webinar takes place March 25, 9:00am eastern and registration is available via http://bit.ly/2O0v29y
Transition to IEEE Conference Analytics Concludes on 31 March
OBIEE for Conferences Retiring
Late last year, IEEE launched IEEE Conference Analytics, a business intelligence tool delivered via the Tableau online platform to provide reports and visualizations of key operational information. As a part of the transition to this new tool, IEEE will be retiring it's predecessor, OBIEE for Conferences.
Locations Announced for 2019 IEEE WIE International Leadership Summits
IEEE Women in Engineering International Leadership Summits (WIE ILS) provide regional opportunities to foster networking, mentorship, and collaboration.
CONGRATULATIONS to the applicants selected to host a 2019 IEEE Women in Engineering International Leadership Summit in these locations:
2019 IEEE WIE ILS
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Richland, WA, USA
IEEE Launches Concur Travel
IEEE has launched Concur Travel in partnership with its preferred travel agency, World Travel, Inc. Concur is the leading online travel booking tool and offers users a unique set of features, functionality, and support that will make booking travel a quick and simple process. Concur Travel offers both domestic and international reservations.
Benefits of Concur Travel
- Easy-to-use online booking tool: Store frequent flyer numbers and travel preferences, manage an individual unused ticket, and simultaneously create air, rental car, hotel, rail, and dining reservations.