IEEE Technical Chapters
Society/Technical Council Chapters are your local link to the valuable resources available from IEEE, the 39 IEEE Technical Societies, and 8 Technical Councils.
IEEE Society/Technical Council Chapters—the local branch of your Society or Technical Council.
- Existing Chapters
- IEEE Society/Technical Council Chapter Coordinator Listing
- How to create a new IEEE Chapter (online petition process)
- Chapter Volunteer Officers Onboarding Plan
- Access your membership data online using OU Analytics
- OU Analytics - Screenshots & Instructions
- NEW IEEE Chapter Connections Newsletter (and Past Issues)
- More resources for chapter volunteers
- Chapters are a technical subunit of a Region, one or more Sections or a Geographic Council.
- There may be single Society Chapters, joint Society Chapters, and Technical Council Chapters.
- A Chapter shall comprise a minimum of twelve (12) IEEE voting members of a Society, or group of Societies in the case of a joint chapter, and shall be established by petition to the parent geographical and technical organizational units concerned to fulfill the mission of IEEE.
- In the case of a Technical Council Chapter, a minimum of any twelve (12) IEEE voting members of Council Member Societies in the parent geographical unit shall be required to petition to the geographic unit and to the Technical Council.
- Chapters are formed to serve IEEE members by holding meetings at the local level, and provide opportunities to network, enabling personal and professional growth.
Additional information about Student Branch Chapters is available.
IEEE OU Analytics, is a web-based tool which delivers essential metrics on memberships and subscriptions to OUs, including Societies, Councils, Chapters, etc. Volunteers in respective OUs have automatic access to their OU's data (e.g. Chapter officers have access to their chapter’s membership data). The landing page provides to various dashboards which contain filters to refine by OU, Region, Section, Grade, and Gender. Counts can link directly to respective member contact details. The capability to search for one member within the member details listing is also available.
The OU Analytics Geo Map provides geographic displays and interactive dashboard views of IEEE organization units, including Chapters. The map also provides membership density to identify potential society chapters and student branches globally. Data is updated daily. Data and images can be downloaded using various formats. You will need your IEEE Account information to access. Training materials are available at www.ieee.org/ouanalytics.
- Specialize in the field of interest of their Society/Council
- Travel to various technical and regional groups to lecture at events