IEEE Technical Chapters
Society/Technical Council Chapters are your local link to the valuable resources available from IEEE and the 39 IEEE Technical Societies.
IEEE Society/Technical Council Chapters—the local branch of your Society or Technical Council.
- Existing Chapters
- IEEE Society/Technical Council Chapter Coordinator Roster
- How to create a new IEEE Chapter
- Chapter Volunteer Officers Onboarding Plan
- Required reporting
- IEEE Society Chapter Funding Guide
- IEEE Society Chapter Funding Information Forms
- Access your membership data online at OU Analytics
- IEEE Distinguished Lecturer Program
- Chapter briefs newsletter archived issues
- More resources for chapter volunteers
- The technical sub-unit of one or more IEEE Sections
- Society/Technical Council Chapters consist of members from one or more IEEE Societies/Technical Councils who share technical interests and geographical proximity
- Chapter activities may include guest speakers, workshops, and seminars as well as social functions
- Chapters provide Society members with valuable opportunities to network at a local level, enabling their personal and professional growth
- Established by petition to the parent geographical and technical organizational units concerned to fulfill the mission of IEEE
- Formed to serve IEEE members by holding meetings at the local level
Find out if there is a local Chapter within your geographic unit
IEEE Society/Technical Council Chapter Coordinator Roster
The IEEE Society/Technical Council Chapter Coordinator Roster lists contact information for each Society's/Technical Council's chapter coordinators.
How to create a new IEEE Chapter
There are three different paths one can take to develop an IEEE Chapter: form a new Chapter, form a new joint Chapter, or expand an existing Chapter. Start by researching your area, then decide which route will best suit your needs and support a healthy, active Society/Technical Council Chapter environment.
Learn more about creating a chapter
Chapter Volunteer Officers Onboarding Plan
In order to maintain viability and to ensure that all Chapters are meeting the needs of their members, each Chapter is required to submit annual reports.
Online L-31 Form
If you have not yet used the online L-31 form, you should start now. File your meeting reports online in only minutes using the new system. You can send copies of the report to your Section and Society using a CC feature, and IEEE will receive your data instantly. Visit the IEEE vTools Meeting System page for more information.
IEEE Society Chapter Funding Guide
The IEEE Society Chapter Funding Guide contains links to each Society's Chapter funding information online.
IEEE Society Chapter Funding Information Forms
The applicable IEEE Society Chapter Funding Information Forms can be used to request Society or Council Chapter funding. All requests must be submitted directly to the Society or Council officer/administrator who is responsible for chapter support. The Society/Council will then initiate the payment process if approved.
- IEEE Society Chapter Funding Information Forms (DOC, 24 KB)
- IEEE Society Chapter Funding Information Forms (DOC, 24 KB) - India only
Access your membership data online at OU Analytics
Chapter Chairs can access membership data online—instantly. For more information, visit the OU Analytics page.
IEEE Distinguished Lecturer Program
IEEE Distinguished Lecturers are engineering professionals who help lead their fields in new technical developments that shape the global community. These experts:
- Specialize in the field of interest of their Society/Council
- Travel to various technical and regional groups to lecture at events
Chapter briefs newsletter archived issues
Chapter Briefs is a bi-monthly newsletter dedicated to sharing information of interest to IEEE Chapters.
Some articles may have been compiled from internal IEEE communications, as well as Society newsletters.
View archived issues of Chapter Briefs Newsletter.
More resources for chapter volunteers
The IEEE has resources to help you run your Chapter and get the most from your Membership. Below, find links to some useful resources within the IEEE Web site.
|vTools||Electronic Tools for IEEE Volunteers|
|IEEE Entity Web Hosting||Post your Chapter web page free on IEEE's server; includes 24-hour hosting and technical help|
|IEEE YP||Help your younger members become active in the community|
|Member and Geographic Activities||Information on IEEE Regions, Sections, and membership development|
|IEEE Xplore||Full-text access to IEEE transactions, journals, magazines, and conference proceedings published since 1988 and all current IEEE standards|