Many electronic tools exist to assist with volunteer administrative tasks.
- IEEE OU Analytics is the visual business intelligence tool for volunteer access to member data. It is available to authorized or designated IEEE volunteers
- NetSuite, a cloud-based web application, to ensure that processes are streamlined and that audit requirements are met across the IEEE.
- Use this tool to request the formation of a new local IEEE unit.
- Many of the geographic unit petitions can be submitted online. For some, automation is in progress and a form must be downloaded, circulated, and submitted'
- Click here for additional information.
- The SAMIEEE program has been discontinued and reaplaced with IEEE OU Analytics
- Is a suite of many applications. Each vTool is listed below with its function. The vTools homepage can be found at: http://vtools.ieee.org
- vTools eNotice is an electronic newsletter subscription service that has been developed for IEEE organizational units to facilitate email distribution of newsletters, meeting notices and IEEE conference materials.
- vTools Events is used to schdule and manage IEEE Section, Subsection, Chapter, Affinity Group and Student Branch meetings and events.
vTools Officer Reporting
- Officer Reporting is an online officer reporting tool that enables authorized volunteers to make modifications to the officer roster for a given region, council, section or chapter. The tool provides automatic validation and updates the central IEEE database
vTools Student Branch Reporting
- Using the Student Branch Reporting tool in Vtools, IEEE Student Branches can submit annual plans and report activities.
- enables online officer elections for sections/chapters/affinity groups. Please note that this is different from the general IEEE elections.
- WebInABox uses a wizard to generate simple section/chapter/affinity group websites that are automatically updated.
Web conferencing and recording
- IEEE MGA volunteers are seeking to expand the local technical meeting to a worldwide audience and to create a searchable recording meeting repository.
- To advance this effort, volunteers at IEEE Sections Congress 2014 approved a recommendation to "build, promote, record, host, and broadcast technical events at the local level and make them available to IEEE members."
- Please visit the vTools portal to learn about IEEE-recommended tools for conducting and recording remote or offline meetings and making them available for searching and viewing after the meeting. The portal includes information on accessing the tools, tutorials, and best practices.
- IEEE provides website hosting for IEEE organizational units at no charge.
IEEE Entity Webhosting (EWH) is a service intended to meet the needs of IEEE Organizational Units that want to develop, create and maintain their own websites on an IEEE host.