Student Branch Operations
In this section, you will find resources to assist officers and volunteers involved in over 3,000 IEEE Student Branches with their operations, promotions, and professional growth. Branches are supported by the work of the Student Activities Committee (SAC).
Branch operations and reporting
The Student Branch Executive Committee, which consists of Branch Officers, sub-committee Chairs, and the Branch Counselor, has responsibility for administering Branch operations. Please use the resources here, as well as regular meetings and good communication, to ensure an efficient Executive Committee.
- IEEE Student Branch Development Planning Calendar (PDF, 98 KB)
- Student Branch Officer Responsibilities and Administration
- Branch Officer Reporting in vTools
- Branch Activity Reporting
- IEEE Student Branch Best Practices Flyer (PDF, 159 KB)
- Open a bank account for your Student Branch
- SAMIEEE Access information for obtaining member data
- Branch Chair and Counselor election information
- MGA Annual Student Branch Rebates / Operating Funds
Resources to promote your branch and IEEE
Attracting and retaining new members is an opportunity and a challenge for most Student Branches. Branches have natural attrition, through graduation and membership lapses. It is important that Student members see the value of their membership at the Student Branch level and the value of becoming an IEEE Young Professional. These experiences as a higher IEEE Grade member will allow opportunities for professional development, mentorship, and personal growth.
- IEEE Young Professionals program
- IEEE Student Member Benefits Flyer (PDF, 37 KB)
- IEEE Brand Identity Toolkit
- Web hosting via IEEE Entity Web Hosting (EWH)
- Order Membership Development materials (Chairs only)
Training and development
- Center for Leadership Excellence and Training webinars at IEEE.org
- IEEE Student Branch Manual and Counselor Guide (PDF, 285 KB) / Watch the IEEE Student Branch Manual and Counselor Guide presentation