IEEE Geographic Unit Reporting - New Officers and Officer Changes
IEEE geographic unit officer reporting may be submitted to IEEE at any time.
New officers or officer changes are submitted via the vTools.OfficerReporting tool. Access to this tool requires use of an IEEE Account.
vTools.Officer Reporting tool enables current geographic unit volunteers to submit officer reporting online. Volunteers can enter new officers and view, remove, or replace existing officers. Officer names are automatically validated and then updated to the IEEE database. Please note that validation is based on business rules per geographic unit type.
E-mail MGA staff with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Verify that all officers are eligible to hold office before submitting. This applies to all positions except Newsletter Editor and Webmaster.
- Member numbers of unit officers must be included when entering data into vTools.Officer Reporting.
- Electronically submitted forms are sufficient for reporting requirements to IEEE Member and Geographic Activities (MGA). There is no need to mail a hard copy with the same information.
- The names of newly elected officers must be reported to IEEE MGA within 20 days following the election.
- Use IEEE e-mail aliases when available.
- If a newly elected officer does not meet eligibility requirements, or if officers are not reported, the position will be listed as vacant until reporting of an eligible officer is received.
- Remember to print a copy for your records in order to verify against the most recent Geographic Activities Roster.
The Chapter/Affinity Group Chair and Treasurer names, member numbers, and e-mail addresses should be sent to the Section Secretary within 20 days of an election. If the same officer is going to be in place for an upcoming year, send that information to the Section Secretary in December, along with updated contact information if applicable.