What is SC2014?
IEEE Sections Congress, held every three years since 1984, provides IEEE Section leadership with a priceless opportunity to impact the future of IEEE.
- is the ideal place to network and share knowledge
- provides a means to increase leadership skills and a working knowledge of IEEE;
- is a venue for expressing opinions and concerns through recommendations for action, which will be used by the IEEE Board of Directors to guide IEEE into the future.
The goals of SC2014 are three-fold:
- to provide an opportunity for delegates to gain information and training skills;
- to network and build relationships with other volunteers within IEEE
- to serve as a forum for Section representatives and other local leaders, enabling them to voice – on behalf of the collective membership – the ideas, issues, and recommendations which will impact the development and growth of IEEE throughout the world, reinforcing its vitality and relevance to those it serves.
In addition to the individual growth and networking fostered by Sections Congress, there are more far-reaching results.
The caucuses will generate specific, practical recommendations for action. During the Closing Ceremony, the delegates will have the opportunity to assign a priority level to each of the recommendations through the balloting process.
The results will be announced as part of the Ceremony and will be delivered to the IEEE Board of Directors for implementation in strategic planning for the future of IEEE.