Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
This page answers some frequently asked questions (FAQs) about Sections Congress 2014 (SC2014).
E-mail the Sections Congress Coordinator with additional questions
What is Sections Congress?
Sections Congress is a triennial gathering of IEEE grassroots leadership to:
- Network with other Section leaders
- Attend training programs
- Develop recommendations to guide the future of IEEE
Where and when will it be held?
SC2014 will be held in Amsterdam, Netherlands, at the Rai Convention Center 22–24 August 2014.
What is a primary Section delegate?
- A primary delegate is a member of the Section designated by the Section Executive Committee to represent the Section at Sections Congress.
- It is strongly encouraged that the individual be a first-time Sections Congress attendee, and Sections should try to fund a younger member (i.e., GOLD).
- The primary delegate must be of Graduate Student member grade or higher in the Section.
- A Section must be current in all reporting requirements in order to send a primary delegate. A Region Director can approve an exemption to this requirement.
What funding is provided for primary Section delegates?
The registration fee and three nights' hotel stay is covered by MGA. Region-specific registration codes will be provided to the Regional Coordinator prior to registration site launch. Three nights' hotel stay will be reimbursed directly to primary Section delegates via an expense report submitted directly to the Section or Region.
Why should my Section send a representative?
It is the opportunity for IEEE representatives from all over the world to participate in an event that provides them with the tools and training to assist their unit in focusing their activities solely on the member and increase members' participation in IEEE activities.
Will sightseeing tours be offered for partners?
A sightseeing tour of the local area will be offered each day for partners of SC2014 attendees.
Will Internet access be available?
Free wi-fi will be available in the RAI Convention Center and the hotels.
Will there be a mobile app?
Yes, attendees of IEEE Sections Congress 2014 can use the SC2014 mobile application or Web site to view the program schedule, speakers, exhibitors, and sponsors. They can also connect with other attendees and interact via social media.