Student Branch & Section Collaboration
How can Student Members connect with Sections?
- Visit myIEEE and MemberNET Rolodex to connect with your Section members: http://www.ieee.org/membership_services/membership/my_ieee.html
- Proactively reach out to Section leaders via email or by attending local events to display what your Student Branch is doing and what assistance you need.
- Inquire about opportunities for you to learn more about being involved in your Section even as a Student Member.
What is the value?
- IEEE members are committed to the same global goal – you will be adding value to this by making new connections, developing new projects, and engaging with other like-minded leaders.
- Engaging with leaders locally, ultimately developing global partnerships to foster continued improvement.
- Relationship building
- Student membership is the beginning of your IEEE relationship – engage with your Section
- Multiple vectors for benefits and opportunities: e.g., Student Branches, Section meetings, myIEEE / IEEE memberNet
- IEEE provides professional development support and recognition throughout your career
Collaborating with your Section
IEEE Student Branches and local Sections can work together on activities..
- Engage leaders in the mission, benefits, and opportunities of IEEE
- Sponsors activities and events technical, professional, and humanitarian aspirations
- Guest speakers
- Paper contests
- Local public imperatives
- Fun, too!
- Social events to bring together students with faculty
- Pi Day
Networking with Your Section
Connectivity via the IEEE Network
- IEEE Young Professionals
- Local IEEE Section & Technical Chapters
- IEEE Societies
Beginning Career Benefits
- IEEE memberNet directory
- IEEE Job Site
- IEEE Mentoring Connection
- Many more… www.ieee.org/myieee
University Programs for Students and Faculty
IBM – IEEE Smarter Planet Challenge
– Do you have an innovative solution to a real-world or humanitarian problem?
– Are you ready to apply your engineering and business skills in order to develop and implement your solution?
– Entries are now being accepted for creative team‐based student projects for the
Smarter Planet Challenge. For more details go to:
• Early Career Faculty Development Virtual Mini-Conference
– Launching a Successful Faculty Career . . . A new resources to address the professional and career needs of early career faculty . . .
– 15 November from 10 am EDT to 2 pm EDT - Conducted via a virtual platform
– Sessions on developing a 5-7 Career Plan, “Effective Teaching” and “Conducting a Research Program”
– Registration is Free. For more information send an e-mail to ECFD@ieee.org