Geographic Unit Compliance
IEEE compliance training is required for select IEEE volunteers.
IEEE endeavors to comply with all applicable laws and regulations in every country where it conducts its activities. Adherence to IEEE policy shall be observed while recognizing those cases where local laws and regulations require that specific registration requirements be met.
In some countries, IEEE may be required to have a registration while in others no action is necessary. If your Section is conducting or plans to conduct any of the following activities, please e-mail MGA Compliance staff to determine if registration may be needed in your country:
- issuing invoices to vendors for rendering of services related to IEEE activities;
- opening a local bank account;
- collection of membership dues;
- financial sponsorship of a conference;
- offering an educational accreditation program;
- compensating individuals for work performed on a full or part-time basis;
- purchasing or leasing property:
- publication of papers and magazines.