IEEE Officer Qualifications
Always verify that the members you are trying to recruit for Officer positions are eligible to hold office. This applies to all positions except Newsletter Editor and Webmaster (anyone may hold those positions).
Officer qualifications - Region, Geographic Council, Section, Subsection, Technical Chapter, Affinity Group
- IEEE Membership must be current (membership dues must be paid) upon entering office, and must be maintained throughout term of office;
- Graduate Student Member, Member, Senior Member, or Fellow grade;
- membership in the geographic unit in which office is to be held;
- Chapter officers, in addition to the above requirements, must also have and maintain membership in the Chapter's Society. In the case of Joint Chapters, membership in any (1) of the Societies is sufficient;
- the volunteer shall not have served in any one position, in any single organizational unit, more than six years total.
Officer qualifications - Student Branch
- IEEE Membership must be current (membership dues must be paid) upon entering office, and must be maintained throughout term of office.
- Counselor or Advisor: Graduate Student Member, Member, Senior Member, or Fellow grade
- Officers (Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary, Treasurer): Graduate Student Member or Student member