MGA Geographic Unit Election Pilot
The pilot is intended to:
- Reduce the minimum time for an election to be completed from 6 months down to 3 months
- Creation of templates that can be downloaded and customized to assist with moving through various parts of the election
- vTools voting used for all unit elections removing in person voting
- vTools nomination tool available to automate the election process
- Reduce the number of overall volunteers needed to execute the election by combining the existing nominations committee and tellers committee to create one overall “election committee”
- To run your election with the pilot “election committee” we recommend having 3 volunteers in place to serve
- Implements a pre-identified eligibility date communicated to all members within a unit
- For members of the appropriate grade they must be active as of the the date the call for nominations was sent to be eligible to run in or vote within the election
We strongly encourage all pilot participants to utilize the MGA Nominations Tool which will work with you to automate the entire election process and vTools voting which will automate your voting needs. All of your necessary communications will populate for you within the tool, and prompt you through each of the election steps.
If your unit opts to not utilize the MGA Nominations Tool at this time, you can utilize the communication templates below that can be customized to meet your election needs.
For assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.