IEEE Technical Chapters
Society/Technical Council Chapters are your local link to the valuable resources available from IEEE and the 39 IEEE Technical Societies.
IEEE Society/Technical Council Chapters—the local branch of your Society or Technical Council.
- Existing Chapters
- IEEE Society/Technical Council Chapter Coordinator Roster
- How to create a new IEEE Chapter
- Required reporting
- IEEE Society Chapter Funding Guide
- IEEE Society Chapter Funding Information Form
- Access your membership data online at OU Analytics
- IEEE Distinguished Lecturer Program
- Chapter briefs newsletter archived issues
- More resources for chapter volunteers
- The technical sub-unit of one or more IEEE Sections
- Society/Technical Council Chapters consist of members from one or more IEEE Societies/Technical Councils who share technical interests and geographical proximity
- Chapter activities may include guest speakers, workshops, and seminars as well as social functions
- Chapters provide Society members with valuable opportunities to network at a local level, enabling their personal and professional growth
- Established by petition to the parent geographical and technical organizational units concerned to fulfill the mission of IEEE
- Formed to serve IEEE members by holding meetings at the local level
There are three different paths one can take to develop an IEEE Chapter: form a new Chapter, form a new joint Chapter, or expand an existing Chapter. Start by researching your area, then decide which route will best suit your needs and support a healthy, active Society/Technical Council Chapter environment.
In order to maintain viability and to ensure that all Chapters are meeting the needs of their members, each Chapter is required to submit annual reports.
Online L-31 Form
If you have not yet used the online L-31 form, you should start now. File your meeting reports online in only minutes using the new system. You can send copies of the report to your Section and Society using a CC feature, and IEEE will receive your data instantly. Visit the IEEE vTools Meeting System page for more information.
The IEEE Society Chapter Funding Guide contains links to each Society's Chapter funding information online.
To request chapter funding from societies, fill out the IEEE Society Chapter Funding Information Form (DOC, 24 KB). The completed form must be submitted with authorization from an approved Society Chapter funding officer before processing can begin. Please send completed forms to Liz Parascondola at email@example.com.
Chapter Chairs can access membership data online—instantly. For more information, visit the OU Analytics page.
- Specialize in the field of interest of their Society/Council
- Travel to various technical and regional groups to lecture at events
Chapter Briefs is a bi-monthly newsletter dedicated to sharing information of interest to IEEE Chapters.
Some articles may have been compiled from internal IEEE communications, as well as Society newsletters.