Watch the 2019 VIC Summit & Honors Ceremony Videos
Presentation videos from the 3rd annual IEEE Vision, Innovation, and Challenges (VIC) Summit & Honors Ceremony are available to watch now on the Awards Ceremony Showcase page of IEEE.tv. See valuable presentations from the VIC Summit, robot demos, and the presentation of each of IEEE’s highest awards.
IEEE-USA's AUGUST OUTREACH: AUGUST FREE E-BOOK FOR MEMBERS AND NEW AUGUST E-BOOK: PROMO RUNS 1 AUGUST - 15 SEPTEMBER
IEEE-USA's August Free E-Book: Thomas Edison--Man of the Millennium--Vol. 1: The Legacy
IEEE-USA's August Free E-Book Looks at the Legacy of Thomas Edison--The World's Greatest Inventor
Thomas Edison provided us with a lifetime legacy of highly creative invention. He and his staff kept project details in the 4,000 lab notebooks they left behind. Edison may have spent a great deal of time in his labs, but he did not create all his prototypes himself. He personally handpicked his very capable staff, and worked with them to transform his ideas into three-dimensional models for testing. Hiring the right people was a hallmark of his most inventive mind.
New Features Added to IEEE Payment Manager
New Features Added to IEEE Payment Manager
This summer, MCE will roll out the next phase of IEEE Payment Manager, which will expand the services and benefits offered to conference organizers, including options to send international wire transfers in USD, CAD, or Euro through the online portal.
Other notable enhancements include:
- Display of account balances to verify sufficient funds
- Conversion feature shows USD equivalent for non-USD requests
- Ability to select expense classifications for all payment methods via an easy-to-use dropdown menu
To submit requests via IEEE Payment Manager, please visit:payments.ieee.org.
For questions about the application, please contact:firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020 IEEE Technical Field Award Recipients and Citations
2020 Award Recipients
1. IEEE BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING AWARD—recognizes outstanding contributions to the field of biomedical engineering—sponsored by the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society, IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society and the IEEE Signal Processing Society—to
F. STUART FOSTER (FIEEE)—Full Professor, Medical Biophysics, Faculty of Medicine, Sunnybrook Research Institute, Imaging Institute, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“For contributions to the field of high-resolution imaging.”
2. IEEE CLEDO BRUNETTI AWARD—for outstanding contributions to nanotechnology and technologies for microsystem miniaturization—sponsored by the Brunetti Bequest—to
Manage Your Research Data with IEEE DataPort
IEEE is proud to introduce you to IEEE DataPort™, a valuable, easily accessible data platform that can significantly enhance your research efforts. Upload and store standard or open-access datasets for free with the option to link your paper submission.
Further benefits include:
- 2TB of storage for datasets, scripts, visualizations, related documentation
- ORCID integration
- Digital Objective Identifier (DOI) provided
VoLT Track 1 period ended 9 July 2019
2019 IEEE Volunteer Leadership Training Program (VoLT) - The MGA Training Committee is pleased to announce the launch of the 2019 Volunteer Leadership Training Program (VoLT).
Participation Criteria - VoLT targets volunteers who have a true desire to learn about the broader IEEE and are considering taking leadership positions within their local units and roles in IEEE committees. IEEE volunteers with 2+ years of volunteer experience in their local units and who have not held a Section Chair position are highly encouraged to participate. The program runs in two phases as described below. Please read the information carefully.
2020 IEEE Technical Field Award and 2019 Herz Award Recipients Announced
The IEEE Board of Directors has approved the 2020 IEEE Technical Field Award (TFA) and 2019 IEEE Eric Herz Outstanding Staff Member Award recipients. The complete list of recipients and their citations is posted online atwww.ieee.org/awards. Please feel free to send notes of congratulations and to publicize the recipients within your professional fields of interest other IEEE affiliations.
· The nomination deadline is 15 January annually to nominate someone for these awards. For information about or how to nominate someone for an IEEE TFA, go to: https://www.ieee.org/about/awards/technical-field-awards/index.html. For information about or how to nominate someone for the IEEE Herz Award, go to: https://www.ieee.org/about/awards/recognitions/herz.html.
· Learn about award sponsorship opportunities at: https://www.ieee.org/about/awards/sponsor.html.
*** IEEE ISC2 2019 - Call For Contributions ***
--- 5th IEEE International Smart Cities Conference (ISC2 2019) ---
Venue: Barceló Casablanca Hotel, Casablanca, Morocco
Dates: 14-17 October 2019