Featured news around IEEE
Call for Nominations: 2019 IEEE MGA Committee Member and Liaison Positions: deadline 1 August
The IEEE Member and Geographic Activities (MGA) Nominations and Appointments (N&A) Committee is soliciting nominations for 2019 MGA Committee Member and Liaison positions. A complete list of available MGA positions, committee descriptions, and information on the MGA Nominations and Appointments process are available.
Each IEEE Region is encouraged to submit nominations to help ensure that MGA is globally balanced. Self-nominations are encouraged.
The deadline to submit nominations is 1 August 2018.
MGA Committee Members
- IEEE Admission and Advancement Committee
- MGA Awards and Recognition Committee
- MGA Geographic Unit Operations Support Committee
- MGA IEEE.tv Advisory Committee
- MGA IT Coordination and Oversight Committee
- IEEE Life Members Committee
- MGA Member Benefits Portfolio Advisory Committee
- MGA Nominations and Appointments Committee
- MGA Potentials Editorial Board
- MGA Strategic Planning Committee
- MGA Student Activities Committee
- MGA Training Committee
- MGA vTools Committee
- IEEE Women in Engineering Committee
- IEEE Young Professionals Committee
MGA Sections Congress 2020
- Committee Chair
- Program Chair
- Program Committee Members
MGA appointments to other organizational unit boards/committees
- IEEE Conferences Committee (two members)
- IEEE Educational Activities Board (EAB) (two members)
- IEEE Publication Services and Products Board (PSPB)
- IEEE TAB/PSPB Products and Services Committee
UPDATE ON PLAGIARISM CHECKING REQUIREMENTS FOR PUBLISHED CONFERENCE PAPERS
In alignment with a prior IEEE Board of Directors motion, and in accordance with IEEE’s publishing policies, a new process was approved by the IEEE Technical Activities Board during its June 2017 meeting. Plagiarism screening is already a requirement per IEEE policy and this recently-approved process will help ensure the quality of IEEE conference proceedings content submitted for publication in IEEE Xplore. The process provides guidance on roles, preferred tools and timing.
(updated 16 September 2016)
Follow the links on the right side of this page to view more news around IEEE.
This month's featured IEEE News source is IEEE Smart Grid Newsletter.
The September edition of the IEEE Smart Grid Newsletter is a special issue on smart grid in the European Region. It covers the digitization of distribution systems, smart grids for smart cities, smart energy regions, and microgrids for integrating renewables into the smart grid.