Electronic Copyright Form (eCF) and Packing List Updates
IEEE requires all authors or their employers, who intend on publishing in the IEEE Xplore® Digital Library, to provide a transfer of copyright prior to publication by the IEEE.
The IEEE Electronic Copyright Form (eCF) registration process was streamlined for conference organizers in 2018. In 2019, further updates to the eCF process were made, in addition to a new version of the packing list (1.7).
A new IEEE Electronic Copyright Transfer Report:
· Sent to the conference organizers 90/60/30 days before conference start date
· Allows management and tracking of IEEE copyright form collection
· Provides important information about copyright transfer for each paper, such as eCF Paper IDs and status of each transfer
An updated packing list:
· Packing List version 1.7 includes a mechanism to provide eCF Paper IDs and identify if copyright transfer is complete for each paper.
· It is now required that the Packing List Checker tool be used anytime a change is made to the Packing List to validate the packing list prior to submission.
· This will assist with minimizing delays in processing content for possible inclusion in IEEE Xplore.
Conference Organizers will continue to contact the IEEE Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Office for all copyright needs and questions. MCE can support any question regarding the initial eCF registration form and packing list creation.
View the playback webinar "UPDATE to the IEEE Conference Publication Submission Process and Electronic IEEE Copyright Form (eCF)" available in the IEEE Center for Leadership Excellence (CLE).