IEEE Outstanding Branch Counselor and Branch Chapter Advisor Award
Aware of the unusual and dedicated efforts of Student Branch Counselors and Branch Chapter Advisors, the Regional and Technical Activities Boards sponsor a cash award to each of the approximately 20 outstanding Counselors and Advisors around the world. Winners will be those individuals who, through their work as Counselors and Advisors, exemplify the Institute's commitment to the educational, personal, professional, and technical development of students in IEEE related fields of interest.
- Nominating Branches, or Branch Chapters, must meet the requirements of IEEE Bylaws, in the current academic year, by submitting required reporting forms and holding at least three meetings during the year.
- Past winners are ineligible for re-nomination for a four-year period.
- Regional Student Activities Committee Chairs (RSACs) are also ineligible during their term of office.
- Students submit an essay in English (not to exceed 1,500 words) on why they feel their Branch Counselor or Branch Chapter Advisor has earned the qualifications of "Outstanding Branch Counselor and Advisor" for the year. Student Branch and Section interaction and activities are an important part of the award criteria.
- Supporting documentation to be provided by the Branch or Branch Chapter (in English):
- petition of endorsement by Branch or Branch Chapter members;
- letters of recommendation from persons such as other IEEE faculty members, department chairs, fellow student members, and IEEE Section representatives;
- additional letters of recommendation from persons such as other IEEE faculty members, Department Chairs, fellow Student members, and other IEEE Section representatives (optional).
- The submission should be completed on the Nomination Form. Possible resources for preparing the nomination include the Electrical Engineering Department Chair or appropriate subject matter teacher, Dean of Engineering, faculty members, Dean of Students, Academic Dean, fellow Branch or Branch Chapter members, and IEEE Region, Section, or Chapter volunteers. Please note that IEEE maintains publishing rights to print excerpts from all material submitted.
- The nominator(s) shall complete a Nomination Form via My Review Room.
1 February (annually)
- The primary criteria for selection are the enthusiastic support of the Branch Counselor, or Branch Advisor, by his or her students, and the commitment he or she has made to the engineering profession by the fostering of activities that encourage the development of IEEE Student members.
- Evaluation will be based on:
- evidence that the Student Branch is active in the paper, device, and other competitions, and has an active program of meetings and field trips;
- the Student Branch’s membership level or good growth;
- evidence that the Student Branch is striving to meet the scientific, educational, and professional purposes of IEEE;
- recognition of efforts to instill leadership qualities in student officers and to guide them in their efforts to administer the Student Branch or Branch Chapter operations;
- recognition of efforts to assist student officers in the development of yearly activities that lead to the technical and professional awareness of Student members;
- recognition of efforts to foster effective interaction between the Student Branch and the local IEEE Section. The required evidence will be two letters, one from the Student Branch, and one from the Section.
Each winner will receive a US$150 cash award and a personalized certificate. The Student Branch that submits the nomination will receive a US$150 cash award.
Ning Zhou - Binghamton University STB14411
Gustavo Eduardo Juares - Universidad Nacional de Tucuman STB04881
Shrikant Tangade - REVA University STB20146
M Tanseer Ali - IEEE American International University - Bangladesh STB65431
Pravin Wankhede - Shri Sant Gajanan Maharaj College of Engineering STB 61661