MGA William W. Middleton Distinguished Service Award
The purpose of the MGA William W. Middleton Distinguished Service Award is to honor an individual who, over a long and sustained period of leadership, contributed in an exemplary manner to Member and Geographic Activities (MGA), its activities and achievements, and the attainment of its strategic goals. The focus should be on volunteering for IEEE, MGA, or its organizational units, not on professional achievement.
The accomplishments of the candidate should be of "significant performance" and should have made a distinguishing contribution to IEEE. Candidates must be IEEE Senior member grade or higher.
The award is named for William W. Middleton, who for over 40 years was associated with and contributed to the growth and maturation of the Regional Activities Board (now MGA) through service on it and its various committees and task forces; he was chosen to be the first recipient.
Nomination deadline to be announced in 2023
Previous MGA award recipients
Nominators are encouraged to view previous recipients to see examples of what achievements have been awarded in the past.
- Self-nominations are not permitted; MGA awards are peer-recognized awards
- Must be an IEEE member in good standing (Senior member grade or higher)
- Cannot be a member of the MGA Board or MGA Awards and Recognition Committee
- Must not be a past recipient of the MGA William W. Middleton Distinguished Service Award
Selection and award instrument
- One MGA William W. Middleton Distinguished Service Award will be presented every three years.
- Recipient will be selected by the MGA Awards and Recognition Committee and approved by the MGA Board at the June MGA Board Meeting.
- Nominators and recipient will be notified in July.
- Recipient will receive a plaque suitably inscribed, attesting to the accomplishment(s) made by the individual, and a US$2,000 cash prize; award is typically presented at Sections Congress.
Please email MGA Awards if you have questions about the MGA William W. Middleton Distinguished Service Award or the MGA Awards Process.