MGA Larry K. Wilson Transnational AwardTo recognize the accomplishment judged to be the most significant and effective in fulfilling one or more of the goals and strategic objectives of Member and Geographic Activities (MGA) as related to transnational activities. This award is made in memory of Dr. Larry K. Wilson.
The accomplishments of the candidate(s) should be of "significant performance" and should have made a distinguishing contribution to IEEE. The focus should be on volunteering for IEEE, MGA, or its organizational units, not on professional achievement.
Review the nominator guidelines
THE 2023 NOMINATION PERIOD FOR THIS AWARD IS CLOSED - NEXT PERIOD TO BE ANNOUNCED IN 2024
Examples of previous MGA Award recipient contributionsA few examples of the contributions for which past MGA Larry K. Wilson Transnational Award recipients have been recognized include:
- For exemplary service and significant contributions over many years, particularly developing and maintaining the distinctive Region News, which fosters collaboration and engagement across three continents; works closely with students and the many Section volunteers to report on events and activities across the multi-national and multi-lingual Region.
- For distinguished contributions to IEEE global activities through establishing new technical activities and publications, including an electronic periodical published in Portuguese and Spanish; engaged members from many countries across two IEEE Regions.
- For significant contributions to the IEEE volunteer experience and member engagement throughout the world; supporting transnational student activities both multi-nationally, within the Region, and multi-regionally while serving as an MGA volunteer; supporting cross-Section collaboration; encouraging multi-national cooperation when hosting the Region student congress.
View all MGA Award recipients by year
- Must be an IEEE member in good standing
- Cannot be a member of the MGA Board or MGA Awards and Recognition Committee
- Must not be a past recipient of the MGA Larry K. Wilson Transnational Award
- Nomination must be endorsed by two IEEE members
Selection and Award InstrumentThe selection and award instrument include:
- One (1) MGA Larry K. Wilson Transnational Award will be presented annually
- Recipient will be selected by the MGA Awards and Recognition Committee and approved by the MGA Board at the November MGA Board Meeting
- Nominators and recipient will be notified after the MGA Board Meeting
- Recipient will receive a plaque suitably inscribed, attesting to the accomplishment(s) made by the individual, and a US$1,000 cash prize
Please email MGA Awards at email@example.com if you have questions about the MGA Larry K. Wilson Transnational Award or the MGA Awards Process.