IEEE Vice President Member and Geographic Activities Discretionary Award
The purpose of the IEEE Vice President Member and Geographic Activities Discretionary Award is:
- to recognize an IEEE Member(s) or organization(s) that has (have) had a significant and substantial effect on Member and Geographic Activities (MGA) related to the mission of MGA.
- to provide MGA with the ability to recognize qualified individuals or organizations whose activities may not be adequately covered by existing MGA Awards or in meritorious cases where the number of Awards are limited.
Previous IEEE Vice President Member and Geographic Activities Discretionary Award Recipients
Oscar Fernandez - 2006
-For inspired leadership in establishing the IEEE Argentina Section and dedicated service and support of IEEE activities locally for over 65 years.
You may also view All MGA Award Recipients by Year.
There are no eligibility restrictions.
Selection and Award Instrument
- no formal nominations will be accepted; nominations may be proposed to the Vice President-Member and Geographic Activities (VP-MGA) by the MGA Awards and Recognition Committee (ARC), or any member of MGA through the MGA ARC;
- one (1) award will be presented annually;
- awarded upon discretion of the VP-MGA, in consultation with the MGA ARC;
- selection will be based upon the achievement of a project(s) or activity or activities which are directed to the fulfillment of one or more of the goals and objectives of IEEE on global or local level;
- recipient will receive a plaque suitably inscribed, attesting to the accomplishment(s) made by the individual(s) or organization(s).
Please e-mail MGA Awards if you have questions about the IEEE Vice President Member and Geographic Activities Discretionary Award or the MGA Awards Process.